Mountain Hiking. Mount Kilimanjaro
MACHAME ROUTE 8 Days / 7Nights.
Board a shuttle bus from Nairobi at 0800 hrs and proceed to Arusha arriving at 1300hrs. Depart for Moshi at 1400 hrs arriving at 1530 hrs. Dinner & overnight at your hotel in Moshi.
Transfer from your hotel to Kilimanjaro National Park gate at Machame. From here, trek through the lush forest to Machame hut (10,000ft), dinner & overnight at the hut.
Leave the forest. The path follows a steep ridge passing through open moorland crossing a large gorge to Shira hut (12,000ft), dinner & overnight at the hut.
Turn eastwards and continue ascending through the dry landscape to Barranco hut (13,000ft), dinner & overnight at the hut.
The steep path climbs out of the Barranco valley and crosses the Karanga valley, then turns North to Barafu hut (15,000ft), dinner & overnight at the hut.
An early start to reach Stella point in time before sunrise, then to Uhuru peak (19,340ft), the highest point in Africa. After lunch, descend to Gilmans point and down to Horombo hut for dinner and overnight at the hut.
Descend passing Mandara hut down to the park gate where you will be transferred back to your hotel in Moshi. All meals & overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast, depart to your next destination
- Shuttle tranfer from Nairobi - Moshi - Nairobi
- Two nights at Buffalo Hotel in Moshi on half board basis
- One night in nairobi on bed and breakfast basis
- Two Airport transfers in Nairobi to/from
- 2 Transfers to/from Moshi to the park gate
- 3 meals per day while trekking
- 5/6 Kilimanjaro tre machame
- 5/6 nights accommodation in huts/tents while trekking - Marangu and Machame respectively
- 5 nights accomodation in huts while trekking
- All government park fees
- English speaking mountain guides
- A surprise token at of your hiking
- Complimentary soft drinks and mineral water while hiking
Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats , Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf's, Rain Trousers