Umbwe route is the hardest but most magnificent and shortes way to reach Uhuru Peak. A Less-frequented route, which is very steep and suitable only for experienced trekkers.Additional days can be added to our programme to discover or lighten up along the route or camp in the Karanga valley.
DAY 01: Nairobi - Moshi
Board Riverside shuttle bus or Davanu shuttle bus from Nairobi airport or city centre at 0800 hrs and proceed to Arusha arriving at 1300hrs. Depart for Moshi at 1400hrs arriving at 1530hrs. Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Moshi or (Pick up from Kilimanajaro airport and transfer to hotel in Moshi)
Day 02: Moshi - Forest Caves
Day 3 : Forest Caves - Barranco Hut
The Path continues follwoing the ridge, then leaving the forest through open moorlands to reach Barranco Hut at 395m. Camp and overnight.
Day 4 : Barranco Hut - Barafu Hut
This day stars off with a steep climb out of Barranco valley crossing Karanga Valley and finally reaching Barafu Hut at 4600m. Camp overnight.
Day 5: Barafu Hut - Mweka Camp
Early morning start to reach the crater rim at Stella point, continuing to Uhuru Peak at 589m. Decend to Mweka Camp.
Day 6: Mweka Camp - Moshi
The day is spent in descending down to the park Gates - Overnight at hotel.
Day 7: Moshi - Nairobi
Board shuttle bus to Nairobi or start a Tanzania safari
- 2 shuttle transfers Nairobi-Moshi-Nairobi
- 2 transfers from Moshi to Umbwe park gate -return
- 3 meals per day while trekking - Vegetarian/Non-Vegetarian
- 5 days Kilimanjaro trek- Umbwe
- 4 nights accomodation in camps while trekking Umbwe
- First and Last night accommodation at Hotel in Moshi
- All park entrance fees and government levies
- English speaking mountain guides
- Assistant guides & 2 porters per client
Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats , Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf's, Rain Trousers